Art/Studio/Art

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Formulating an Image of Integrity - More Sketches




Some small sketches/ideas for new paintings I have been experimenting with over the last week or so. I don't think there's too much to say about them at the moment other than they are attempts to combine several layers of source imagery in one image, whilst retaining some sort of integrity in the object as a whole. I want to see if multiple layers can be used without having the overall painting fragment in an overtly postmodern way.

The two images above are oil on board (roughly 40x25 cms) and the one below is a pen drawing on a print of an illumination from a Hebrew text in the British Library (Leviathan).

Contrary to what I said last week I am also continuing to work on the larger paintings as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment